9 June 2011

DIY- Decorating pegs (and magnets)

This is one of my fav DIY's, the first time I tried it I followed Ez's instructions over on Creature Comforts
So if mine are too confusing you know where to go! 
These ones above  I made into magnets, 
or you can just use them for regualr use, 
like the ones below(: 


   
 
This is what you'll need:
  • Regular wooden clothespegs (cheap ones will do)
  • Glue gun (for extras) and PVA, or double-sided stickey tape.
  • Scissors.
  • Paper/fabric.
OPTIONAL:
  • Buttons/beads/pompoms.
  • Magnetic strips.

You can either pre-paint your pegs, I painted some white or you can leave them plain. 
I had some self-adhesive paper rolls hanging around to use (makes it less messy) 
but you can just use regular paper or fabric.   
 Cut roughly the to the size of the peg, 
it's easier to cut it bigger and trim it once you've stuck it down. 
Once it's linned up (and if your not using self-adhesive paper you will need tape or glue :)
make sure it's well and truly stuck to the peg.
When you turn it over it should look like the above picture on the right.
 Now you can add some buttons or pompoms (whateve you fancy really :)
and your done, or if you carry on reading, I'll show you some that I turned into fridge magnets.

 ( I know they don't match, nevermind! :)
I had a sheet of self-adhesive magnet, but you can buy round magnets and glue gun 'em on.. 
they stronger the magnet the better.
(mine aren't very strong, they're only suposed to be for photo's, ops!)

So I literally just roughly cut the rectangle, a little shorter so it didn't poke out the ends,
and peeled off the backing(which i might add, was not easy, at all.) 
and made sure it was stuck down well and wasn't gonna go anywhere.

 So if my instructions were clear enough, 
you should end up with something like the above.  Hope this helped! (:


   









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...