17 June 2011

DIY- Pencil pot

Do you have old boring pencil pots?
Maybe you just us an old mug?
If this is you, then you need my super fast, fun and easy DIY tutorial!

This is how it should turn out..




You will need the following:


 
  • Old tin food can, washed and dried. (it's easier to soak it in hot water to peel off the label)
  • Your chosen design of paper/fabric, I'm actually going to experiment with a type of plastic.
  • Scissors.
  • Some form of glue. (I've shown both, because the glue gun propably works best but its all bumby through the material)
  • If you plan on measuring the exact dimensions, then you'll need a ruler & pencil.



This is my incredably acurate way of measuring..

If you want to be more precise you could maybe use a bendy measuring tape? 
or just cut a rectangle larger and trim it down after.


Then you should end up with a rectangle, roughly to size.


Now, if you did as I did, there is a high chance you'll end up with this.
BUT you can hide it with a little ribbon.. Which I actually think goes rather well. (:

I've also trimed along the edgeof the rim. (using a stanley knife works best)


Then TADAA!! Your done!
( I did add a little extra ribbon, I think it finishes it off quite nicely :)

Here's a few more that I've done.. pretty simple but still cute.


For these ones I just used some scraps of fabric. (:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...